Frequently Asked Questions
Courses taken through CITE’s University Partners: Individual will earn credits toward a degree. Click here for CITE Partners
Technical requirements include computer requirements, capabilities, and software download instructions. Please read the requirements carefully before the first day of the program or course and contact us if you have any questions. All of our courses are available online. It is recommended that participants have, at a minimum:
- PC or Mac
- 1 GHz or faster processor
- RAM: 1 GB / 32-bit or 2 GB / 64-bit
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800
- Internet connection (NOTE: If you are connected from behind a Firewall, have your IT dept “whitelist” the mrooms.citetraining.org domain.)
- Browser (latest version): Google Chrome, Firefox, Safari*, Internet Explorer, MS Edge
- Adobe PDF Reader
- Adobe Flash Player plugin**
If applicable, additional technical requirements will be posted in the Syllabus.
* For help with Safari, go to Safari > Preferences. The settings are located on the Security and Privacy tabs.
** Note: Adobe Flash Player is not available for many mobile devices, including iPad, iPhones, and android mobile devices
How do I report technical difficulties with a course? To report error with site functionality, send email to Abby Montgomery
- Is there a time limit to complete a course? Yes, course fees for individual courses allow students access to the course materials for 60 days. Any additional time required to complete the course will result in additional fees of $30 per 30 days of access.
- Attendance/Participation Policy: All courses offered through CITE are available online. While there are no in-person sessions where attendance is taken, there are opportunities for participants to demonstrate that they are actively engaged in the learning process. There are specific Discussion forums for each Workshop. In a blended learning course, participants “discuss” the answers to the workshop in these forums. In the independent study courses, the responses serve as a knowledge base as well as a method to judge engagement.
- Are there any discounts available?
- The Eastern Transportation Coalition members and FHWA employees can receive 15% discount if requested at registration.
- Volume discounts are available; please contact us for details.
- May I retake an exam? Yes, the system will allow you two (2) attempts on the final exam. Students need to receive 70% or better on the final exam in order to qualify for CEUs.
Instructor-Led (Blended) Courses
- Attendance/Participation Policy: All blended learning courses range from six to eight weeks in length, unless otherwise noted. All courses offered through CITE are available online, including our blended learning courses. While there are no in-person sessions where attendance is taken, the Course Facilitator and Instructor will host several web conferences to discuss the course schedule and content, answer any questions, and review the course workshops. While attendance is not required, it is encouraged and does determine, in part, your eligibility for earning a Certificate of Completion and CEUs. Discussion forums will be available throughout the course. The facilitator and instructor will post information, assignments, and discussion topics. All participants are encouraged to post questions and topics for discussion. There are Discussion forums for each Workshop. Your response to each Workshop question/problem/scenario is a crucial part of your grade. In addition, you are required to post a response to at least three (3) classmates as a part of your grade. Your overall activity in the discussion forums counts toward your “attendance” and participation grade, and ultimately helps to determine your eligibility for earning a Certificate of Completion, and/or CEUs.
- May I have access to course materials prior to the course start date? Yes, if you are registered and payment has been received. Please send your request via email to [email protected] or [email protected].
- Does the program have to be started at a specific time? No, you can sign up at any time. You have one year from your registration date to complete ALL the courses.
- Should I complete one course before I start the other one? Yes. We do not suggest taking more than one course at a time. You could but it is not recommended.
- Is there a time limit to complete a course? There is no time limit for completing each individual course. There is the one-year time limit for the completion of the entire program. Any additional time required to complete the certificate program will result in additional fees of $75 per 30 days of access.
- Are there assignments for the courses? Each course includes a graded final exam and a number of self-study quizzes. The quizzes are not graded and are there to ensure you understand the material covered in the lessons.
- May I retake an exam? Yes, the system will allow you two attempts on the final exam. Students need to receive 70% or better on the final exam in order to qualify for CEUs.
Gift Certificate Redemption
- How do I redeem a course gift certificate? To redeem a course gift certificate:
- Go to www.citeconsortium.org and click on courses.
- After you have selected which course you would like to take, click on the Register Now button at the bottom of the page.
- Mark the check box next to your chosen course.
- Under ‘Payment Method’ select ‘I will pay with gift certificate.’ Enter gift certificate number found in the top right-hand corner on the certificate.
- Next to ‘Where did you hear about CITE’s classes’ write ‘door prize’ or ‘quarterly certificate.’
Program/Course Cancellation and Transfer Policies
CITE courses are for viewing and use by the participant ONLY and MAY NOT BE SHARED. The independent study course(s) is/are available for 60 days after the date of purchase; certificate programs are available for one (1) year after the date of purchase. NO REFUNDS or SUBSTITUTIONS will be issued once the participant has accessed the program, course(s), module(s), or material(s) for a period equal to or greater than 48 hours.