Network Design and Deployment Considerations for TSMO Managers and Professionals
Length: Approximately 8 hours.
The overall goal of this course is to provide a system-level understanding of the operation of modern broadband transportation communications networks. This course focuses on how to plan and implement telecommunications networks to support a major Intelligent Transportation System (ITS) infrastructure.
Upon completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Discuss the components and requirements of wide area networks.
- Describe the pros and cons of the different types of fiber optic cable plant construction and discuss their components.
- Discuss the advantages and disadvantages of wireless communications.
- Explain the technologies used and requirements of network electronics
- List ITS field applications
Outline (click to display)
Paul. R. Olson, P.E.
P.R.Olson Associates Ltd