Project Management for High Tech Systems (Blended)
Length: Approximately 10 – 12 hours
Instructor: Paul R. Olson, P.E.
P.R.Olson Associates Ltd
This course is designed to improve the project management skills of public and private sector personnel who are responsible for managing the implementation of technology-intensive transportation projects. The course provides training related to the fundamental principles and practices of good project management; the steps of planning, designing, and implementing transportation systems projects; the types of project management tools available for managing transportation systems projects; and the basic skills required to be a good project manager.
Upon conclusion of this course, students should be able to:
- Define the fundamental principles of good project management.
- Describe the general leadership and management skills required by a project manager as they relate to advanced transportation systems projects.
- Explain the steps taken to plan, design and implement advanced transportation system projects.
- Describe the phases of projects (definition, planning, design, & execution) and the project management techniques relevant to each phase.
- Explore additional project management resources.