TSMO Planning & Implementation
A Certificate Program
The courses for this TSMO (Transportation Systems Management and Operations) Foundation Certificate Program focus on the operations-centric cultural shift that is required to meet the growing demand on our nation’s transportation resources. This cultural shift requires DOTs and other transportation agencies to establish and maintain institutional architectures, but more importantly, to focus on travelers as customers and on system performance.
Many transportation agencies have conducted self-assessments using the Capability Maturity Model (CMM) to gauge their current operations state. The information gleaned from a self-assessment can be used to build a TSMO implementation plan to advance and sustain a TSMO program.
During this certificate program, participants will learn all about TSMO: what it is, why it’s important, how to talk about it with stakeholders, how to make the business case, how to assess agency capabilities (CMM), how to integrate TSMO into an agency, how to communicate the value of TSMO, and much more!
This certificate program requires the completion of four (4) core courses, and three (3) elective courses.
NOTE: To enroll in ONLY the core courses, see our Course Bundles!
CEU: 3.6 to 5.2
- Program Planning for TSMO
- CMM: Assessing Agency Capabilities
- OPM03: Operations Performance Management
- Managing a Corridor
Choose 3 Electives
- Network Design and Deployment Considerations for TSMO Managers and Professionals
- Data Archiving and Analytics for Planning, Operations, and Safety
- Systems Engineering Fundamentals
- Database Management System Essentials
- Deploying ITS: Strategic Planning and Implementation
- Travel Time: Vehicle Probe Data