Integrating TSMO Into Your Agency *Coming Soon*
Length: Approximately 2 hours
This course defines TSMO and explains its role within a transportation agency and its relationships with other agency functions. It discusses the concept of mobility and explores how TSMO strategies produce mobility benefits.
Upon Completion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the relationship between Transportation Systems Management and Operations (TSMO) and the overall transportation system
- Define TSMO terminology
- Describe mobility as it relates to both the agency and the user
- List TSMO strategies that have an impact on mobility
- Identify the steps needed to encourage support of TSMO
- Discuss the benefits of TSMO
Outline (click to display)
- What Is TSMO?
- TSMO Objectives
- TSMO Strategies
- What Is ITS?
- TSMO: A Complex Discipline
- Putting TSMO Into Perspective
- The Language of TSMO
- Relationship Between TSMO and ITS
- Relationship Between TSMO and Overall Transportation System
- TSMO and Organizational Capacity
- Example: DOT Organizational Chart
- Structure Influences TSMO’s Priority Within the Department
- Internal Partnerships
- Internal Partnerships with Traditional DOT Activities
- The Many Levels of TSMO Involvement
- TSMO Resources: Slicing the Funding Pie
- Workforce Development: Differences in TSMO Staffing Needs
- What is Mobility?
- What is Congestion?
- Two Types of Congestion
- Differences Between the Two Types of Congestion
- Causes of Delay
- Why Such a Big Deal About Congestion?
- The Mobility Problem
- Levels of Service
- How LOS Works in Practice
- Evolution of Mobility Measures