Frequently Asked Questions
User Agreement: For security purposes, we do not allow users to share their Unique Login Name or Password with anyone. If we reasonably believe that a Login Name and Password are being used by anyone other than the student it has been issued to, ALL privileges will be immediately revoked. To protect the privacy of your data, never give out your Unique Login Name or Password.
Courses taken directly through CITE, individual will receive Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) from the University of Maryland for successful completion of their training courses. Individual must receive 70% or better on course final exam and complete course evaluation.
Courses taken through CITE’s University Partners, individual will earn credits toward a degree. Click here for CITE Partners
- How do I report technical difficulties? To report error with site functionality, send email to Dorothy Parnian. SPECIAL NOTE: If you experience problems accessing www.citetraining.org, the ATutor Server (Weekends ONLY), please contact Kathleen Frankle @ 410-303-4728 (Weekends ONLY).
- May I retake an exam? Yes, the system will allow you two attempts on the final exam. Students need to receive 70% or better on the final exam in order to qualify for their CEU’s.
- How do I redeem a course gift certificate? To redeem a course gift certificate:
- Go to www.citeconsortium.org and click on courses.
- After you have selected which course you would like to take, click on the Register Now button at the bottom of the page.
- Mark the check box next to your chosen course.
- Under ‘Payment Method’ select ‘I will pay with gift certificate.’ Enter gift certificate number found in the top right hand corner on the certificate.
- Next to ‘Where did you hear about CITE’s classes’ write ‘door prize’ or ‘quarterly certificate.’
- Is there a time limit to complete a course? Yes, course fees for individual courses allow students access to the course materials for 60 days. Any additional time required to complete the course will result in additional fees of $30 per 30 days of access.
- Are there any discounts available?
- I-95 Corridor Coalition members and FHWA employees can receive 25% discount if requested at registration.
- Volume discounts are available; please contact us for details.
Instructor-Led (Blended) Courses
- May I have access to course materials prior to the course start date? Yes, if you are registered and payment has been received. Please send your request via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Does the program have to be started at a specific time? No, you can sign up at any time. You have one year from your registration date to complete ALL the courses.
- Should I complete one course before I start the other one? Yes. We do not suggest taking more than one course at a time. You could but it is not recommended.
- Is there a time limit to complete a course? There is no time limit for completing each individual course. There is the one-year time limit for the completion of the entire program. Any additional time required to complete the certificate program will result in additional fees of $75 per 30 days of access.
- Are there assignments for the courses? Each course includes a graded final exam and a number of self-study quizzes. The quizzes are not graded and are there to ensure you understand the material covered in the lessons.