The Consortium for ITS Training and Education (CITE) is a unique organization of universities and industry associations focused on providing comprehensive advanced transportation training and education that is flexible and convenient for its students.
CITE offers over thirty interactive web-based courses for transportation technicians, professionals and college students.
CITE offers five types of on-line courses.
- Independent Study – The most convenient and flexible of CITE’s courses. These courses allow students to register and take any course whenever they choose; it could be today, tomorrow or next week. Prices range from $40 to $200. The Introduction to National ITS Architecture AND Careers in ITS courses are free!
- Blended courses – These courses combine the best features of both instructor-led and on-line instruction. They offer live discussions with an instructor through conference calls, interaction with other students, convenient on-line course materials, and a specific time frame to complete the course. Price is $250 per course.
- Certificates – CITE has bundled its courses by topic area to provide students with four different certificate programs: ITS Project Management, ITS Systems, Road Weather Management and Traffic Engineering & Operations. Students need to complete six courses within one year. The cost is significantly less than taking each course individually. Price is $625 per certificate.
- Full Semester Program – CITE has bundled 11 - 12 of its individual courses to develop two full semester programs of study. They are offered in fall and spring just like a college/university course. These programs are CITE’s most cost effective but also the most challenging due to its pace. Price is $950 per program.
- Courses in Spanish – Responding to the increasing demand for ITS training to Latin-American professionals, CITE has converted several of its courses into Spanish.
Students who successfully complete their courses will receive Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) from the University of Maryland. If you are looking for courses that will count toward a specific college degree, please contact one of CITE’s University Partners.
2005 Best of ITS Award winner - Training and Education Category
2002 Best of ITS Award winner - Training and Education Category